Country Cottage Rolls (a.k.a Adele’s Oppy vegie sausage rolls)
• 1 cup (250g) low fat cottage cheese
• 3 eggs
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup (70g) pecans
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1/2 cup (45g) breadcrumbs
• 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
• 3 sheets puff pastry
• Milk for glazing
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place cottage cheese, eggs, onion, pecans and soy sauce in a food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add breadcrumbs and oats. Mix well. Divide into six portions.
4. Cut each pastry sheet in half. Brush lightly with milk. Shape one portion of mixture into a log 3cm from edge of long side of pastry. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut into six pieces crossways. Place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture.
5. Brush rolls with milk.
6. Bake 35 minutes or until golden.
They will freeze for up to 2 months
Styx and Florentine. - Rest stop in the heart of the Styx River valley. It's fair to say I've neglected this blog of late. Although I'm sentimental about it, I also have to ackno...
2 months ago