Send an email to lancefieldlairs@gmail.com
If you'd like to join one of our rides, add your name in the comments after a ride post, just so we don't show up for a no-ride.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Roaming in the gloaming

It's been one of those weeks, the weather has made being outside irresistible. For me, a good autumn in Victoria is perfect and coupling this with great riding buddies is pretty much the bees knees.
Though I missed riding with the Lairs crew last weekend I was not short of good company for the week. A great riding pal, George Judkins came up to join me for the 200 permanent, Rock to Lock, which you may know takes you from Lancefield for a lap around Lake Eppalock then back to Kyneton and over Mt. Macedon before heading back to Lannie.
We had a great day, while it was no record pace it was still a taxing ride, yet as we rode back into town in the gloaming, I must say I couldn't help feeling a little sad this ride had to end. Thanks for your company mate.
The good company didn't stop there, I was asked to go riding not once but twice this week by my daughter Talia, an offer too good to refuse. I have to say this was no epic trip, just a few k's in the beams of my bike lights. But what we lacked in distance she made up for in effort, up the toughest hill around my place, just under a km of climbing but steep. No, she never quite made it up all the way without stopping for a very short walk, but she reckons next time she will, and I think she just might.
Maybe my years of asking is paying off, or maybe she might not get on the bike again for six months, but I'll still have the rides and the chat we had on the way home to treasure.
To cap off this week I hope we'll catch up for a ride tomorrow in the usual spot at 8am. Let me know if you can make it.
Steve

2 comments:

  1. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.dirt bike tracks victoria

    ReplyDelete