Send an email to lancefieldlairs@gmail.com
If you'd like to join one of our rides, add your name in the comments after a ride post, just so we don't show up for a no-ride.

Friday, February 26, 2010

e = EIO

I love modern, shiny, fast bikes, I love wheels that will rotate for 6 days with one little spin, I think heart rate monitors and computers are a brilliant training aid, interval training makes sense to me, but when I read/hear about things like Nomex honeycomb technology, ultralinear geometry and carbonstructure-Nanostrength technology
I'm just left thinking, WTF ?
I really wonder if any of this lingo has ever sold a bike, wheel or jersey or if the pony tailed wankers that come up with this stuff have ever even sat on a bike, let alone ridden up a mountain, wondering if there is actually a summit or is this just the way to heaven. I bet you they have never even wiped snot with their gloves.
But today, I saw a product which would have left any one else speechless, it was a particular brand of chamois cream, who's claim was (get ready for this)"aromatherapy for winners", yep, it's printed on the sample sachet I was given in a bike shop, you just gently apply a little on your bum and look out Lance. OH, COME OONNNNN ! Will we now be expected to re-discover our chakra or maybe carry an incense burner and memorise The Prophet ? Don't get me wrong, I love hippies, I even had a no-dig garden once, but this is cycling, I wonder if Eddy Merckx ever sat in the lotus position before a stage of Le Tour ?
Aaaah gee, there's a ride on this weekend meeting in the usual place in Lancefield at 8am. We might do a longish one, but like last weekend, those that had a little less in mind were able to take a short cut and head for home in a much happier bunch.
Last Sunday's list was: Steve, Glo, Leigh, Meaghan, Ken, John, Leo and Guru Andy. Let us know if you're coming.
See you Sunday.
Steve.
And I also love beautiful steel bikes with friction levers, leather saddles and lots of polished aluminium.



3 comments:

  1. Top post Steve. Wish I could come for a ride. I'll crank out some miles on the dirt roads on my own instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as well you added that last bit! am

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there again. These Lairs rides are really improving my flat rides. Blitzed the BBC ride this morning down Beach Rd with +50kms at 30.5kph. Alol good prep. for the Oppy and M2M. See you all tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete